Our perspectives for the fourth quarter 2018
Every quarter, our specialists interpret trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Signs of an economic slowdown are increasing throughout the world.
- The US Federal Reserve will continue its policy of gradual monetary tightening.
- Trade tensions between the United States and China show no signs of diminishing.
- Apart from US equities, most asset classes have posted a negative performance since the start of the year.
- Deteriorating company finances continue to call for very great selectivity in equity investments.
- One thing that could well sustain the share prices of quality companies is the fact that their supply is constantly diminishing.