Perspectives for Q1 2019
Every quarter, our specialists interpret trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the first quarter of 2019.
- Slowdown in economic growth evident worldwide
- The Federal Reserve’s monetary tightening cycle is coming to an end.
- The use of unconventional monetary policy measures will be the default option at the next economic or financial incident.
- On the equity markets, 2018 was marked by a significant contraction of valuation multiples.
- The global economic slowdown poses risks to company earnings.
- Long-dated government bonds and gold benefited from an increase in risk aversion in the fourth quarter of 2018.